Happy New Year !!! I pray that God blesses each and every one of you this year. I pray that all of you gain a deeper relationship with God and understanding of his word. Just in case you guys were looking for some tips on making 2017 a great year, here are some tips that have truly changed my life.
- Carve out time EVERYDAY to spend with God. This time should be absolutely UNINTERRUPTED! Give yourself about 30 mins to an hour a day. You can listen to worship songs, read/meditate on the word of God and pray to God. Be sure to have what I call “silent time” during your time with God. Give him the opportunity to speak back to you.
- Listen to Worship songs throughout your day. Driving to work/school and from work/school, running errands or cleaning the house. Listen to music that encourages your spirit to worship and praise God. In almost every state there are Christian radio stations. Click here for a list of stations per state.
- Submitting to God’s Will. This is a tough one but the most rewarding. It’s tough to not get your way all the time or to have to do something you really don’t want to. However, God’s way is so much better than ours. Isaiah 55: 9 says that just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are his ways are higher than our ways, his thoughts are higher than out thoughts. And as icing on the cake, Romans 8:28 says that God causes all things to work for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose for them. So submitting to God’s will is the best thing you could ever decide to do, whether it works out how you wanted it to or not.
- Pass The Tests! Like any good teacher, God will not only instruct you along the way but he will test you every now and then to ensure that you are retaining what you’re learning. These test are not meant to break you. On the contrary, they are meant to strengthen you and ultimately to give God glory – hence the term TESTimony! You can later stand to declare just how good God is.
- Lastly, Guard Your Heart! This means protecting the seeds God is planting in you from those that the enemy uses to steal them from you. This also means protecting yourself from wicked seeds of the enemy too. So, trash TV? – gotta go. Trash Music? – bye! Gossiping friends? – Adios! etc. Put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-19) and guard yourself.
I pray that you are able to see all the wonderful plans God has for you this year. Let me know in the comments if these tips are helpful or if you have some additional tips to add.
Love Ya to Peace,